Vice President, finance & Administration
Clover Park Technical College (CPTC) is committed to advancing racial equity and cultivating an inclusive campus climate, by valuing diversity and promoting equitable opportunities and access for all. The Vice President for Finance and Administration plays an important role in building an environment where all students, educators, and staff feel welcomed, valued, and acknowledged and where principles of equity, diversity and inclusion are reflected in our administrative practices and policies.
Clover Park Technical College is located Lakewood, Washington. Our college has a rich history of professional and technical education dating back to the 1940s, when Clover Park School District established a War Production program, training civilians as auto mechanics, aircraft-service mechanics, ship-fitters, welders, and blueprint readers. Now, CPTC offers more than forty programs in Aerospace, Advanced Manufacturing, Health Sciences, Human Services, Business, Hospitality, Science Technology, Engineering, Transportation and Trades. CPTC has two campuses: Our main campus is located in Lakewood, WA and our South Hill Campus is located in Puyallup, WA. Learn more about Clover Park Technical College by visiting About CPTC.
Reporting directly to the President of the college, the Vice President of Finance and Administration will oversees budget development, fiscal operations and accountability, facilities, major construction and renovation, information technology, cashiering, bookstore, business office, human resources, payroll, accounting, audit, risk management and compliance, contracts, purchasing, custodial, inventory control, central receiving, grounds, maintenance, safety/security, event services, and other duties as assigned.
Plan, direct, manage, supervise, and evaluate the financial and administrative operations of the college
- Provide leadership and ensure high quality and efficient delivery of finance and administrative services.Advise managers and staff regarding their responsibilities related to business operations of the college
- Maintain the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct, serving as a model to the College community
- Review, negotiate, and execute contracts, as appropriate
- Participate in collective bargaining process for the College
- Implement administrative practices and policies that reflect the lens of racial equity
Responsible for the development, preparation, and analysis of the College’s overall budget (operating, capital, enterprises, reserves, and investments) to ensure the efficient operations of the college.
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting, and collaborating with college staff to control revenues and expenditures while providing the necessary and appropriate level of services
- Develop and administer the College’s operating and capital budgets
- Ensure that the College’s finances are in accordance with appropriate federal, state, and College rules and regulations
Leads the development and implementation of the short- and long-term Campus Facilities Master Plans in coordination with the Strategic Plan of the College and general direction from the President
- Provides oversight for the planning, preparation and submittal of all capital and operating requests to the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
- Oversee the construction, renovation, and repair of campus facilities
- Work with appropriate state agencies including the Department of Enterprise Services
Provide advice to the President and Board of Trustees in matters relating to finance and budget responsibilities
- Present updates on areas of responsibility to the Board of Trustees during public meetings
- Serve as ex-officio member of the College Foundation Board of Directors and provide accounting oversight services to that Board
Other cursory activities may also include
- Attend Direct Report meetings and serve on other college committees as appropriate
- Participate in Board of Trustee meetings as well as other college-wide meetings
- Develop, implement, and enforce College policies and procedures in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and policies
- Work closely with the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges on-campus budget requests and local city and state officials, as necessary
Participate in the Business Affairs Commission (BAC) and other state-wide commissions and councils, as appropriate
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business, Public Accounting, or related field from a regionally accredited college or university
- 5 years of significant experience in increasingly responsible administrative positions related to finance and business/administrative services in the private and/or public sector
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and sensitivity to multicultural issues
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to lead and manage effectively within a complex organizational structure
- Effective written, oral, listening, and communication skills
- Excellent judgment, creative problem-solving skills, and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated success at delivering responsive, service-oriented practices
This is a full-time position with a salary of $140,000 a year.
TO BE CONSIDERED
Clover Park Technical College is committed to diversity & inclusion and continually working to build an organizational culture and climate in which every voice is valued, staff have a sense of belonging and connection with one another and to the organization, and staff feel empowered to do their best work. We specifically encourage people of color, individuals who identify as LGBTQ and individuals with disabilities to apply for this position.
Clover Park Technical College is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Get started by completing the form below:
GET IN TOUCH
or send us a message
email us and we will happily respond