Vice President, finance & Administration
Clover Park Technical College (CPTC) is committed to advancing racial equity and cultivating an inclusive campus climate, by valuing diversity and promoting equitable opportunities and access for all. The Vice President for Finance and Administration plays an important role in building an environment where all students, educators, and staff feel welcomed, valued, and acknowledged and where principles of equity, diversity and inclusion are reflected in our administrative practices and policies.
Clover Park Technical College is located Lakewood, Washington. Our college has a rich history of professional and technical education dating back to the 1940s, when Clover Park School District established a War Production program, training civilians as auto mechanics, aircraft-service mechanics, ship-fitters, welders, and blueprint readers. Now, CPTC offers more than forty programs in Aerospace, Advanced Manufacturing, Health Sciences, Human Services, Business, Hospitality, Science Technology, Engineering, Transportation and Trades. CPTC has two campuses: Our main campus is located in Lakewood, WA and our South Hill Campus is located in Puyallup, WA. Learn more about Clover Park Technical College by visiting About CPTC.
Public Policy Development (40%)
- Develop policy to address children’s material basic needs gaps
- Manage a contract lobbyist to strategically navigate policy alternatives to achieving our goals
- Lead collaboration with policymakers and governmental agencies in charge of policy implementation to ensure sustainable policy solutions to address children’s basic needs
- Build and maintain a landscape analysis of key policy stakeholders
- Build awareness of children’s basic needs gaps among policy partners to inform the development of larger policy initiatives aimed at equitable distribution of resources for families
- Lead development of our legislative strategy to advance our policy priorities with key elected officials
- Build and maintain relationships with elected officials, key policy staff and governmental bodies to advance our policy agenda
- Prepare and provide testimony to elected officials in support of our policy priorities
- Build and maintain relationships with advocacy organizations and key policy coalitions to ensure access to basic items is included in key policy agendas and legislation
- Develop communications for the Executive Director, Board and leadership team to promote our advocacy strategy
- Collaborate with the executive leadership team to advance advocacy through all community engagement strategies
- Lead the Washington state Diaper Bank Coalition to inform policy priorities and engage our communities in advocacy
- Attend lobbying activities in line with WestSide Baby’s mission, vision, and values
Public Relations (5%)
- Build and maintain relationships with media outlets focused on public policy to increase public awareness of children’s basic needs gaps and our advocacy efforts, serving as a media spokesperson
- Coordinate media coverage and events to promote WestSide Baby’s advocacy efforts, including engaging representatives from our partner organizations
- Development & implementation of public policy initiatives, focused on social and economic policy in support of families
- Strong knowledge of the legislative process and key legislative stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships with key legislative stakeholder groups
- Excellent interpersonal, oral presentation, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and present data in concise presentations for multiple audiences
- Creativity and passion for WestSide Baby mission, vision, values, and equity commitment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
Required Education and Experience
Studies have shown that women, people of color, and those from other underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they can perform every job description task. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and we encourage you to think broadly about how your background and skills might make you a valuable member of our team in this role.
- We are looking for a minimum of 4 years of professional experience in public policy, preferably in a nonprofit and/or legislative setting, OR an advanced degree in Public Health, Public Policy/Administration, or related field plus 2 years of professional experience.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and viewing monitor/lit screen
- Ability to work in standard office lighting
- Ability to travel locally for media opportunities, coalition meetings, and legislative meetings
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clover Park Technical College is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. It is the policy of WSB not to discriminate against employees and applicants based on race, color, citizenship, status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law, with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Clover Park Technical College values diverse perspectives and life experiences. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply including people of color, immigrants, refugees, LGBTQ, women, people with disabilities, and veterans. As an organization, we collaborate closely with many different communities and value an equitable organizational structure that can contribute to equitable access to basic essentials for children.
To apply for this position, please complete the below form
GET IN TOUCH
or send us a message
email us and we will happily respond