Diversity, EQUITY, & INCLUSION Manager
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Manager works as part of the Human Resources team on projects to ensure effective staff engagement and an equitable and inclusive work environment is achieved and maintained through proactive programs, training and the resolution of issues that arise. This position acts as a POC witness/ facilitator/mentor for POC employee relations issues when needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of the Human Resources team and in conjunction with the Director of People and Culture (DPC), and Executive Director, the DEI Manager will:
- Define and collaboratively execute annual staff DEI training schedule based on organizational needs and DEI plan.
- Works closely with the Director of People and Culture, Staff Dharma Teacher, Directors, Managers, and staff to socialize and imbed SR’s DEI initiative; field questions related to multi-cultural language, behavioral styles, etc. Develops DEI action plans related to staff culture and other HR related DEI goals.
- Design/deliver multi-cultural competency and other DEI related training to staff and members of the leadership team. Trainings may also be facilitated in conjunction with outside consultants and/or Staff Dharma Teacher. This role may expand to additional stakeholder groups (teacher, BOD at a future date).
- Works closely with Staff Dharma Teacher (and HR) to incorporate DEI skill building into ongoing Staff Dharma and other Staff programs including SR experience trainings to ensure inclusive and welcoming environments are created and maintained.
- Coordinates and facilitates staff affinity groups and provides a communication link between these groups and SR leadership team members.
- Advises HR on the creation and implementation of plans to increase diverse representation of employees and and supports efforts to increase employee retention.
- Assists people managers in defining successful strategies and tactics to address employee performance issues through an equity lens.
- Participates/facilitates the resolution of communication issues and breakdowns with an emphasis on relationship building between employees, managers, directors and others within the organization.
- Functions as a coach to both staff and managers when issues related to microagressions, bias, and other inequitable practices are alleged.
- Develops tools and metrics to track and report culture change activities happening throughout the organization.
- In collaboration with the DPC, Deputy Director and Executive Director, communicate measurable action related to the DEI plan on regular and established cadence
- Demonstrated passion for diversity and inclusion, and an ability to inspire and engage others to prioritize inclusion and belonging for all.
- Expereince being a champion and contributing to increased representation and inclusion – with an emphasis on gender orientation, race, abilites, and generations.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, sustainable relationships internally and externally and interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Completion of at least one extended Dharma program (DPP, APP, CDL) preferred, or a commitment to complete within 60 days of employement.
- Human Resources and/or leadership experience required. A minimum of 5 years strongly preferred.
- Experience creating and facilitating training programs.
- Excellent verbal/written communication proficiency with deep listening skills.
- Strong facilitation and influencing skills able to translate different points of views.
- Creative problem solver with an ability to think outside the box and form win-win solutions.
- Proven experience prioritizizing multiple projects and adjusting work to accommodate real time situations. accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Possess a strong desire to build community with other, empathy and intellectual curiosity.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
GET IN TOUCH
or send us a message
email us and we will happily respond