CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
For 85 years, Archbright has been a leader in helping companies in the Pacific Northwest build employee engagement strategies and increase compliance with state and federal regulations. At their core, Archbright offers easy access to expert HR, safety and legal advice through an affordable annual membership.
Archbright tackles the complexity of the workplace so it’s members can focus on the passion of business. With three membership levels to choose from, employers can align our services with their needs and budget. Benefits may include access to our HR Hotline, On-Call Safety Advice, our online HR Toolkit, Employment Law and Labor Law advice, Compensation Survey Data, and more. Members can also purchase additional services that span every stage of the employer-employee relationship, including HR Consulting, Employee and Leadership Training, Retirement Programs, Safety & Workers’ Compensation, and Labor Relations. And all at a price and quality unmatched in the marketplace!
Archbright leads by the example; being recognized by the PSBJ as one of Washington’s best workplaces in 2022, and for four years prior.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Archbright is an ideal place to work where we encourage everyone to bring their authentic, best self every day. We believe our employees should feel respected and included for their individual identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and passions. Together, through our diverse set of voices, we inspire each other, innovate, and use our influence to support removing systemic inequities at Archbright and our business community. Archbright creates the IDEAL workplace by embodying the following principles:
Inclusion – All voices are heard, respected, and there is a feeling of belonging.
Diversity – There are people with visible and invisible differences in all
Equity – Work policies, processes, and practices are communicated and applied fairly to provide opportunities for all employees, particularly underrepresented groups
Accessibility – Successful performance and engagement are achieved by reducing physical, technological, and systemic barriers.
Leadership – Everyone at Archbright leads. We are allies who identify, educate, and eliminate institutionalized injustices.
Archbright’s CFO leads the accounting team and financial functions/strategy; oversees investment, retirement, and banking vendors; attends and presents financials at board meetings; and participates on the organization’s Leadership Team as a steward of company culture, strategy, and mission.
The CFO needs to be a people and culture leader as much as a financial leader that ensures full transparency over the financial performance of the company to Archbright Leadership and Board of Directors.
The CFO will be an active thought partner and collaborative peer-leader to other members of the Archbright leadership team. This person will be a visionary who is energized by the challenge of sustainable capacity building in all facets of the organization.
Specific responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Direct long term financial planning, forecasting, and results management.
- Provide counseling and guidance to team members at all levels of the organization on how to understand financials.
- Develop and maintain relationships with lending/financial institutions, insurance providers, investment bankers, and Board of Directors.
- Analyze company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments, and effectively communicating potential risks in a timely manner.
- Develop company-development models, including cash flow forecasting.
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, while ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee company audits and communicate results to Board Financial Committee and Treasurer.
- Oversee facilities management team(s) and strategies
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
The following skills and competencies reflect the nature of our work, which is collaborative, and inclusive. A successful CFO will be a sophisticated leader who can collaboratively design and implement solutions; delivering excellence while exhibiting humility. A successful CFO will also:
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to effectively engage with staff at all levels of the organization, and exercise sound judgement as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Have experience working as a collaborative thought leader with the CEO.
- Ability to provide effective leadership, direction, and management to teams.
- Able and willing to travel to multiple local sites and other locations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Effective decision making and solution-finding with complex problems and diverse stakeholder needs.
- Ability to analyze and prepare documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to plan, assign, and supervise the work of others.
- Exhibits mindfulness and discernment when holding challenging conversations and making difficult decisions.
- Is recognized for collaboratively and creatively designing solutions that enables the professional growth of our team members.
- Looks for opportunities to create new partnerships and allows others to leverage existing partnerships.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Experience successfully managing gross margin through P&L.
- Ability to define & effectively communicate vision as strategic leader.
- Experience creating, implementing and managing operational efficiency and business process.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to define and drive KPIs and other metrics defined in company scorecard (employee net promoter score, etc.).
- Collaborative leadership style to unite teams.
- Focus for the customer/member experience and service.
- Professional development, team building management approach.
- Passion for elevating diversity, equity, and inclusion within Archbright and the business community.
Archbright is committed to building a culture that delivers professional growth through meaningful work, honest feedback, and a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. Archbright employees are the keys to success. Archbright’s values act as a north star for cultivating creativity and passion. All team members strive to possess the following:
- GRIT – We fail fast. We learn. We adapt. We keep going.
- INCLUSION – We value diversity. We respect each other. We believe everyone matters. We are a team
- FUN – We work. We play. We laugh. We thrive.
- TRANSFORM – We evolve. We disrupt status quo. We strive for excellence. We lead.
- ENGAGE – We listen to others. We positively contribute. We seek and provide feedback. We are authentic.
- DELIVER – We focus on goals. We persevere. We do what we say. We get it done.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This role is an exempt role with an annual salary range is $160,000 – $185,000, plus $28,000 variable pay. Archbright Keystone is our total rewards program for our most valuable assets—our people. These benefits have been carefully chosen and put in place because together they support the harmony of work and life. They include generous front-loaded Paid Time off (PTO) 11 paid holidays, subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits, hybrid and remote work, 401K with employer match, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, employee assistance programs, 24/7 workout facility in Seattle, plus more!
Archbright is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more information about this position, please contact Nicole Leckbannd at email@example.com
All interested parties are urged to apply by completing the form below:
Alternatively, you may apply by providing a current resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Archbright is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Nicole Leckband at 253.951.6408.
GET IN TOUCH
or send us a message
email us and we will happily respond