Director of People & Culture
WHO WE ARE
Set among 411 acres of serene oak woodlands in the secluded hills of West Marin County, California, Spirit Rock Meditation Center is a refuge from everyday life where it's truly possible to quiet the mind, soften the heart and see life in a new way.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
We know by experience, prioritizing diversity and inclusion throughout our hiring process allows equitable treatment and accessibility to everyone seeking employment at SRMC. We strive to create a workplace culture that reflects the communities we serve and empowers everyone to bring their full and authentic selves to our teams. Click here for more information on Spirit Rock’s DEI plan.
Spirit Rock is seeking an emotionally intelligent, people-centric leader to develop and lead programing related to our greatest asset: the team. Reporting to the COO, the Director of People and Culture will utilize their exceptional skills, interests, and expertise in envisioning and leading the development of organization-wide initiatives that inspire current and prospective staff, support growth, and embody Spirit Rock’s values. The Director will provide strategic leadership to traditional human resource programs, as well as specific cultural initiatives relating to diversity equity and inclusion. Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Partner with the executive team to construct and execute strategic roadmaps and plans to uphold the organization’s mission, vision and values; including diversity, equity and inclusion
- Lead a small, high performing human resources team to develop and execute company-wide programs that foster a strong people-oriented culture at Spirit Rock.
- Champion Spirit Rock’s values and culture, by designing and implementing organization-wide initiatives that embed our identity and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Drive team member growth, inclusion, and continuous learning by designing and executing a professional development program
- Create and support policies that mitigate bias, increase equitable outcomes, and foster respect and inclusion across all organizational levels of Spirit Rock.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Successful candidates will have proven alignment with the following:
- Has knowledge of, and ability to engage in proven methodologies related to change management, organizational development and DEI best practices.
- Is comfortable conversing with, presenting to, and being a leader within diverse groups.
- Exhibits mindfulness and discernment when holding challenging conversations and making difficult decisions.
- Inspires others at Spirit Rock who do not have a formal reporting relationship to them to seek out opportunities to work with them.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Proven ability to design and implement a diversity, equity, and inclusion -focused recruitment strategy and to recruit top-quality candidates to build diverse teams.
- Experience defining, running and overseeing impactful training and learning and growth programs for employees
- Working knowledge of Human Resources best practices and legal industry standards.
Spirit Rock’s employees are deeply committed to building a culture that delivers professional growth through meaningful work, honest feedback, and a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
Successful candidates will strive to possess the following:
- Translates learnings into solutions for team members and the organization.
- A desire for continuous improvement and a foundation of self-awareness that provides space for learning and growth; personal and professional
- Models and helps others embrace a culture of learning and continuous improvement by actively seeking and providing feedback.
- Exhibits a proactive, passionate, and collaborative attitude.
Spirit Rock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Individuals interested should complete the below form to apply for this opportunity: