Vice President, DEI
San Jose, CA
WHO WE ARE
Planned Parenthood Mar Monte (PPMM) in the largest Planned Parenthood affiliate in the U.S., spanning 42counties in mid-California and northern Nevada. PPMM invests in communities by providing health care andeducation, and by expanding rights and access for all. PPMM strongly supports the work to end health inequities and systems of exploitation in the US. PPMM is proudly an equal opportunity employer. We know we are most effective when our staff reflect the rich diversity of the communities we serve. The more inclusive we are, the betterour work will be.
The VP of DEI will be a thought partner and lead the development, implementation, management, and evaluation of PPMM’s DEI Program and initiatives. The VP of DEI will be a people-centric leader who will utilize their skills and expertise to advance organizational-wide initiatives that inspire staff, support organizational growth, and align with PPMM’s workplace value of “we respect and honor all people.” The VP of DEI will provide leadership andconsultation to leaders and staff, at all levels, including the diversity affinity group. The VP of DEI will be a member of PPMM’s Leadership Team and report to the President & CEO.
- Develop and implement initiatives to define PPMM’s official “DEI lens” which will be integratedthroughout all strategic pillars of the organization.
- Assist and support PPMM’s Leadership Team in furthering workplace culture initiatives; serving as acatalyst for change by collaborating with defined.
- Develop and implement strategies to solicit and integrate staff perspectives in program design and partner with HR to integrate DEI best-practice strategies for recruiting, hiring, promoting, people-management, and leadership development.
- Facilitate strategic collaboration between departments ensuring DEI program goals are included and aligned with annual work plans.
- Responsible for implementation, ongoing improvement, and leadership of PPMM’s annual DEI Program work plan.
- Define and implement strategic community engagement tactics focused on engaging marginalizedstakeholder groups (internal and external); assist Education, Development, and Public Affairsdepartments in developing funding strategies or other support campaigns for the DEI Program.
- Accountable for documentation and monitoring for PPFA Accreditation DEI Elements of Performance and affiliate DEI data.
- Responsible for providing data and narrative content for PPMM internal and external reports orcollateral, as assigned.
- Will be a data driven leader that tracks, monitors, and evaluates the impact and effectiveness of PPMM’s programs and initiatives.
- Partner with the PPMM Creative Team to co-design and implement a process for the development and review of internal and external communications related to DEI initiatives.
- Represent PPMM at PPFA working groups, or conferences, as assigned; model In This Together (ITT)values and standards in internal and external practices and
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The following skills and competencies reflect the nature of DEI work, which must be collaborative, andinclusive. A successful VP of DEI is a first-rate leader who can design and implement solutions, lead by example, delivering excellence while exhibiting humility. Additionally, the VP of DEI will also:
- Be comfortable conversing with, presenting to, and being a leader within diverse groups.
- Exhibit mindfulness and discernment when holding challenging conversations and making difficult decisions.
- Inspires others at PPMM who do not have a formal reporting relationship with them to seek outopportunities to learn and work collaboratively.
- Have knowledge of, and ability to engage in, proven methodologies related to change management, organizational development, and DEI best practices.
- Is willing and able to switch gracefully between acting as an individual contributor and overseeing largerinitiatives, providing support and guidance.
- Is recognized for collaboratively and creatively designing solutions that enables the professional growth of ourteam members.
- Model a growth mindset as a curious and continuous learner; seeking input and best practices from other leaders, departments, and organizations both within and outside of Planned Parenthood Mar Monte andthe Planned Parenthood Federation.
- Looks for opportunities to create new partnerships and allows others to leverage existing partnerships(internally and externally).
- Experience in generating realistic, relevant, creative solutions in a decentralized, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritiessimultaneously, to meet agreed upon milestones, complete deliverables based on provided
Successful candidates will align with the following:
- 7-10 years of experience in leadership roles – with an emphasis on program development and implementation.
- 3 years of experience in DEI strategy development and implementation for a decentralized, multi-site organization.
- Experience partnering with HR to infuse DEI principles in people-centered initiatives such as training,recruiting, employee development, as well as policy creation.
- Demonstrated experience in designing adult learning experiences via in-person or digital delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with group facilitation, presentation design, and delivering of training.
- Success in mentoring and coaching employees at all levels, fueling their professional/personal growth as it relates to equity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to design and implement a diversity, equity, and inclusion focused recruitment strategy and to recruit top-quality candidates to build diverse teams.
- Is recognized by peers, leadership, and teams as having superior active listening skills and acollaborative approach to process improvements and change management.
- Demonstrated experience in centering the voice of marginalized employees/program participants in theprogram design process, such as experience leading trauma-informed focus groups or conductingParticipatory Action Research (PAR).
To apply for this position, please complete the form below: