We are building an agile, values-led and forward-thinking creative agency that the world’s leading brands turn to for help communicating their vision and effecting lasting change with their partners and customers. Our success comes from harnessing our collective creative passion, inexhaustible curiosity, and collaborative thinking in delivering measurable and meaningful outcomes for our clients, and by making a positive impact on the world around us.
Project Managers play regular supporting and occasional leading roles on multiple concurrent projects at Touch, working with cross-functional teams that are producing and managing strategy, design, live event, media, and interactive projects from concept to completion for a wide range of clients.
Client Management Responsibilities
- Leveraging some knowledge of our client brands and competitive landscapes to help ensure we are creating relevant, meaningful deliverables
- Responding to some client requests with a growing understanding of – and sensitivity to – client internal processes, operational and budget constraints
- Contributing to proposal and budget development and helping guide projects through all phases of delivery
- Managing and supporting, concurrent client engagements through the entire project lifecycle and acting an occasional point of contact for client communications
- Managing day-to-day client communications, collaborations, meetings, and reporting needs to ensure client expectations are met and that project team roles and responsibilities are understood
- Developing client project briefs
- Supporting the recognition and development of additional client opportunities
Project and Team Management Responsibilities
- Creating and managing project tracking and organizational documents such as project and production schedules and other documentation supporting Touch projects
- Contributing to the development of scope of work documents to reflect current and/or new client opportunities that include project deliverables, budgets, timelines, teams, and other relevant project details
- Providing project status reports to help teams meet deliverable, timeline, and budget requirements, and ensure that client expectations are met
- Collaborate with other members of the Client Service team to ensure we're meeting client expectations
- Helping to optimize project management processes and resources as needed to meet both client and Touch objectives
- Collaboration with marketing and sales to contribute to post-project case studies as required
- Managing vendor and freelance relationships in support of cross-functional projects, to ensure adherence to Touch processes and best practices, and client requirements
- Coordinating onsite production efforts including venue research, site visits, onsite planning, execution, and management of live experience elements
Budgeting and Project Reconciliation Responsibilities
- Developing project budgets, managing client invoicing, and providing periodic budget status reports to project leads, Touch executive leadership and accounting
- Providing clients with regular budget communications to anticipate and identify budget concerns or opportunities, and effectively manage scope changes
- Researching and managing third-party costs to protect and enhance project profitability
- Reconciling projects to identify and clarify and resolve all budget variances for final client billing, internal post-mortems, and agency process improvement
- A minimum of 2 years of agency experience that includes a combination of brand strategy, 2D/3D design, digital and social media strategy, live event or exhibition production, video production, production build, installation and strike planning and execution, and/or other relevant experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including experience with interacting with a range of clients and partners, from executives to vendor staff
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple concurrent client engagements with cross-functional team members
- Strong budgeting, scheduling, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Strong technical skills, from Microsoft Office to web-based applications and social media
- Strong knowledge of and ability to discuss and manage technical production
- A proven track record of managing the delivery of projects on time and on budget
- The ability to work flexible hours, travel, and to work under the pressure of changing deliverables and time constraints
- Genuine curiosity and love for crafting innovative experiences and deliverables that combine strategy and insights with brilliant creative and flawless production, and cutting-edge technology, to create impactful experiences for our clients
- Show up, work hard, and be nice to people
- Willingness to learn and actively seek opportunities to grow
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training/experience in communications, marketing, public relations, project management,or design management
- This is a full-time position
- Expectation of 80% billable time
- Physical presence in the office is required (occasional off-site work is negotiable)
- Event onsite support and travel is required
- Frequent fast turnarounds on projects is required
- Touch-supported professional growth and development is encouraged and supported
- Continued development of software platforms and applications skills is expected
- Show up, work hard, be nice to people
- Position has no direct reports
Work Environment and Conditions
- Full-time, Exempt position
- Eligible for benefits
- Monday-Friday with occasional weekends required (project-dependent)
- During the pandemic, all employees work from home unless required to be onsite for an event. Advanced notification will be given for onsite or in-office visits as well as site visits. Once we have a safe, return-to-work plan, this position is required to work from the office.
- Travel is required
- While performing the duties of this job on an event site, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, crowded sets, loud noises, and floors with physical obstacles.
- While working in the office at Touch the noise level is usually quiet to moderate people moving through the work area frequently.
- Communicate verbally
- Often required to sit and use hands and fingers.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, bend, squat, or crawl.
- May need to lift and/or manage up to 50 lbs. while onsite as well as transport AVL gear from one location to another.
Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
Must comply with all Touch and client mandated COVID19 safety protocols.
To be considered for this position, please complete the form below: