Location: San Francisco, CA
Third Sector is looking for a driven, skilled, and forward-thinking leader who can be both a practice leader as well as a movement builder within the organization. This role reports directly to the CEO, and will join a small team of managing directors. As a member of the executive team, this person will influence and drive the organization’s racial equity work that is happening across the nation.
The work of Third Sector is analytical, collaborative, and challenging. A successful Managing Director is a first-rate general manager and leader who: designs and implements solutions for a wide variety of challenges; leads with poise, humility and a learning mindset, and has an undeniable passion for social change.
- Provide senior level consultancy expertise with an emphasis on evidence based-programing solutions
- Pursue business development opportunities and write proposals that drive Third Sector’s continued growth (federal and state / local)
- Identify and engage on strategic opportunities, developing new clients and contributing to pipeline and sales results that impact Third Sector’s revenue and growth goals.
- Drive the alignment of service offerings with the needs of clients
- Contribute to standard service project design and support internal project training
- Contribute to cross-organizational development
- Design and implement internal initiatives that support Third Sector’s people as well as the firm’s mission
- Provide innovative and sophisticated problem-solving expertise to human services, economic opportunity, and mental health client engagements focused on executing new Pay-for-Success (PFS) or outcomes-oriented contracts.
- Provide leadership to complex client and stakeholder relationships, with an emphasis on the following: beneficiary population analysis, government funding stream identification and analysis, data access analysis, economic modeling, service provider analysis, contract development, as well as term negotiations.
- Produce industry-enhancing thought leadership
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
The most competitive candidates will have competencies in the following areas:
- Senior level consultancy experience with an emphasis on human centered design, equity evaluation, or other social sector disciplines
- Working knowledge within a practice area such as economic opportunity, human services, higher education or mental health
- Experience in business development or strategic revenue planning and forecasting within a nonprofit consultancy environment
- Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing, planning and implementing new service offerings for growing small to medium businesses
- Designing and implementing solutions for a wide variety of challenges
- Ability to lead by example by delivering excellence while exhibiting poise, humility, and a learning mindset
- Ability to skillfully and empathetically teach and coach others
- Ability to tell a great story, with an emphasis on positioning Third Sector impactfully based on its track record
- Ability to co-create and work collaboratively with the communications to disseminate messaging
- Comfortable conversing with, presenting to, and leading teams of diverse stakeholders
- Building and maintaining enduring relationships that can advance our mission
- Exhibiting mindfulness and discernment when holding challenging conversations and making difficult decisions
- Possessing a mindset of continuous improvement as well as a foundation of self-awareness that provides space for learning and growth – with a specific emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion.
TO BE CONSIDERED
As an equal opportunity employer, Third Sector Capital Partners is committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. Third Sector does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
All questions, as well as resumes from interested applicants should be directed to Nicole Ferrer, Managing Director – email@example.com 253.951.6408