FAMILY MEDICINE PHYSICIAN
HealthPoint’s mission is to strengthen communities and improve people’s health by delivering quality health care services, breaking down barriers, and providing access to all.
We believe that the quality of your health care should not depend on how much money you make, what language you speak, or your health status. We believe that everyone deserves great care.
At each of our 19 locations, our care teams strive to meet every patient’s needs. We believe that providing great care is one of the most effective ways to strengthen our communities.
If you share that belief, and want to be part of a uniquely diverse, supportive, and innovative workplace—HealthPoint is for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Provide comprehensive primary care services in a primary medical care ambulatory clinic, working independently and interdependently with other HealthPoint providers.
- Provide care consistent with evidence-based medicine.
- Assess patient needs for specialty referrals, diagnostic and in-patient care and make appropriate referrals for service.
- Provide patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and need for follow up as appropriate during each patient visit. Verify and document that the patient understands diagnosis, treatment and follow up recommendations.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and complete documentation in patient records and superbills.
- Participate in patient triage system.
- Participate in a shared call system with other providers.
- Perform minor outpatient procedures in accordance with HealthPoint credentialing policy.
- Provide consultation to other clinic providers, either in person or by telephone.
- Participate in development and utilization of HealthPoint practice guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in audits and meet standards of HealthPoint Quality Improvement, Risk Management and Utilization Management programs.
- Consult with clinic physicians, specialists, or other health care professionals as appropriate.
- Administer medications in clinic as needed.
- Assist with meeting clinic patient care team productivity and quality care standards.
- Maintain credentials essential for practice, to include licensure, board certification, society memberships and CPE.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service meetings and participate in organization committees and task force activities.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality, and works full scheduled shift unless ill
- Demonstrate respectful, professional, and appropriate behavior that supports a team-oriented work environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of HealthPoint and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of integrity, wisdom, creativity, cooperation, responsibility and respect into all programs and services.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Our talented, tenacious staff are the Heart of HealthPoint. They bring our mission to life each and every day. Hear from members of our team on why they chose HealthPoint and what it’s like to work here.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Education and/or Experience
Graduate from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex medical documents. Ability to respond to sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write reports and other documents that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to patients, consultants, and colleagues.
Reasoning and/or Critical Thinking Ability
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Work situations are vaguely defined, often unprecedented, and unique in character. Problems are very complex, abstract, conceptual, and long-term in nature. There is a continual requirement for strategic, innovative thought and synthesis of information as it pertains to work situations.
Demonstrated operating knowledge of computers. Intermediate level ability with Word, Outlook, and other required software programs.
Licenses or Certificates
M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) or D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). Board certified or board eligible in Family Medicine. Maintain current registration/licensure as a physician in the state of Washington.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
This position requires the manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers, and other office equipment. This person must speak and write clearly using the English language to accurately convey information and be able to hear at normal speaking levels both in person and over the telephone. Vision correctable to 20/40 is required to review written materials.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases and adverse working conditions. Work may be performed in cramped or awkward positions. Occasional exposure to safety hazards, such as noises, climbing and/or lifting (up to 30 lbs.), chemicals and other hazardous materials, and machinery.
The annual salary range for this role is $163,770 – $286,600. HealthPoint provides eligible employees with medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision coverage.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information about this position, please contact email@example.com, or complete the form below:
GET IN TOUCH
or send us a message
email us and we will happily respond