Vice President of Commerce (Product)
Cut is a misfit media lab that creates experiences for self-reflective explorers of curious social realities.
The kind of people hungry for content that respects them as smart and aren’t interested in stories that
pander or prescribe to them. Sitting at the intersection of companies like Buzzfeed and Vice, Cut aspires
to create the kind of work that is both viral and smart, highly produced and scalable, mainstream and
cool. Cut is growing its team and we are looking for a VP of Commerce to join us.
Cut’s brand receives over 300 million monthly views from over 30 million fans. We have a unique voice
and audience but in order to continue to grow and scale our business through a time of continued
industry-wide disruption, we must find new opportunities to engage and monetize our audience and
reduce dependence on third party platforms.
As our VP of Commerce, you will report to the CEO and lead our product organization. You will manage
a team dedicated to product development and marketing and work closely with members of the product
operations team to define and support our product objectives. All our products are tied to video formats
on our social video channels across Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, and Snapchat; you will partner with
the VP of Video and the video development team to successfully launch new products on the market.
You will have P&L ownership of the product side of the business and lead our product pipeline from idea
Day to day you will:
P&L responsibility of all Product organization
- Work with Finance to Budget Commerce Organization P&L and cash flow
- Deliver results against plan
Lead Product Strategy for Cut
- Own and document the product roadmap to help document and define new areas of opportunity in coordination with marketing and product development
- Document and drive prioritization of all product initiatives to ensure design and development resources are focused on most scalable items on the product roadmap
- In conjunction with Marketing, evaluate market opportunities to position and promote our products
Define and Execute Launch Strategy
- Manage the Product Development team to deliver new products to the market
- Define go to market launch strategy with Marketing and e-commerce platforms includingAmazon Launchpad
- Work with marketing, supply chain and finance on pricing, launch order quantities and launch plan
- 10+ years of Product management experience for physical products
- Experience owning a P&L for a significant line of business
- Experience leading e-commerce only product organization. Knowledge of Shopify plus , Amazon FBA, Amazon Launchpad, and additional platform is a plus
- Leadership skills and ability to work cross departmentally to bring results
- Previous experience scaling product organizations
- Strong ability to identify opportunities and transform them into results
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, numerical abilities, and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- High service orientation, hands-on mentality, and attention to detail
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
The truth is, a lot of this could change and you have to be okay living in ambiguity. What won’t change is what we value: that you are eager to deliver and grow yourself, your team, and ultimately our business.
Sounds exciting? Then we’re excited to speak to you.
To apply for this position, please complete the below form: