Director, Development Operations
San Jose, CA
WHO WE ARE
Planned Parenthood Mar Monte (PPMM) is the largest Planned Parenthood affiliate in the U.S., spanning 42 counties in mid-California and northern Nevada. PPMM invests in communities by providing health care and education, and by expanding rights and access for all. PPMM strongly supports work to end health inequities and systems of exploitation in the US. PPMM is proudly an equal opportunity employer. We know we are most effective when our staff reflect the rich diversity of the communities we serve. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
The Director of Development Operations will lead and manage all operational aspects for PPMM’s $12 million 501c3 fundraising program, as well as for Planned Parenthood Advocates Mar Monte, a 501c4, and multiple political action committees. The person in this role will implement and manage all operational systems and processes, including KPI’s and legal compliance. The Director will supervise an Operations Manager and a team of Operations Assistants, and will provide leadership to areas such as gifts processing, donor acknowledgments, and CRM database management. Lastly, the Director of Development Operations will liaises with the PPMM finance team to ensure proper, efficient, and effective financial accounting of revenue generated by the efforts specific to the development team.
- Develop KPIs and management tools for increasing transparency and efficiencies for frontline fundraising staff and volunteers.
- Provide leadership to a strong, in-house, gift processing team.
- Ensures strong data collection, analysis, and reporting capabilities for the purpose of clear communication throughout the department and organization; including the Executive and Board of Directors, frontline staff, and volunteers.
- Utilizes and supports Moves Management as a strategy to ensure a robust pipeline of potential donors for the organization’s multiple entities.
- Manages all aspects of the CRM database, including the conversion from Raiser’s Edge to Salesforce.
- Leads on-going staff training efforts related to the adoption / implementation of Salesforce.
- Together with Chief Development Officer, consults with General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer on legal and compliance systems and procedures for 501c3, 501c4, and PAC fundraising and expenditures.
- Seeks out knowlege and supports innovative strategies related to fundraising operations, including tracking / monitoring systems and tools such as AI discovery and prospecting.
- Seeks out and shares knowledge of current events, data trends, and news that may impact support of Planned Parenthood and the nonprofit sector; enthusiastic supporter of PPMM’s mission and programs.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The following skills and competencies reflect the nature of the work of the development team at PPMM, which is collaborative and inclusive. A successful Director of Development Operations is first-rate leader who can design and implement solutions, lead by example; delivering excellence while exhibiting humility. Additionally the Director of Development Operations will also:
- Have strong CRM / database experience – with an emphasis on system conversions.
- Have knowledge of, and ability to engage in proven methodologies and best practices related fundraising operations.
- Working knowledge of Moves Management.
- Is willing and able to switch gracefully between acting as an individual contributor, as well as managing larger initiatives.
- Is recognized for collaboratively and creatively designing solutions to increase operational efficiency.
- Looks for opportunities to strentgthen and leverage existing partnerships, as well as create new one (internally and externally).
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, meet agreed upon milestones, and complete deliverables based on requirements.
- Highly developed sense of confidentiality and propriety in dealing with sensitive information
- Strong communication and analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- The ability to meet deadlines and in come cases, work under pressure.
Successful candidates will align with the following:
- 7 years experience in fundraising operations in a non-profit or political fundraising environment.
- Strong experience with Salesforce and Raiser’s Edge
- Strong knowledge of gift tracking and donor database best practices
- Demonstrated competency regarding compliance and regulations related to 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) fundraising.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below: