Chief Programs Officer - San Mateo, CA
Peninsula Family Service is a leading multi-service agency in Silicon Valley, serving over 12,000 children, families, and older adults each year and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. Our mission at Peninsula Family Service is to strengthen the community by providing children, families and older adults with the support and tools to realize their full potential and lead healthy, stable lives. We envision a community where opportunity, financial stability, and wellness are secured for all. Peninsula Family Service offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Program Officer (CPO) will serve as a critical member of the executive leadership team and will collaboratively articulate, implement and operationalize the strategic vision, mission and goals of the agency. The CPO will oversee the programs and related services. The CPO will continually evaluate the effectiveness of programs to provide ongoing feedback; guide strategic, nimble service delivery to strengthen funding diversification and service delivery outcomes. The CPO will contribute and participate in raising the agency’s profile externally by providing productive guidance, supervision, and professional development to all program management staff; and continuously improve, strengthen the structure of the organization by staying abreast of developments in our service areas as well as, strategic trends in equity, civic engagement, and family stability.
- In coordination with the Chief Executive Officer and executive team, play a key role in the overall development, strategic planning, service delivery, and management of the organization across multiple sites and departments.
- Lead a high performing team of departmental VP’s and program directors to the next level by further developing and implementing training, and retention strategies.
- Establish annual program, departmental and staff goals and objectives and track results against these goals as well as accountability protocols.
- Participate in the budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility.
- Support Advancement efforts through the promotion of PFS programs to donors, proposal writing and partnering with the CEO to steward funding relationships.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, licensing, and funding This includes having continuing dialogue and effective reporting with external agencies.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to provide structure and support for project management.
- Provide oversight to the effectiveness of client intake and referrals and data collection process.
Program Oversight and Evaluation
- Oversee the coordination, integration, and delivery of all programs, contracts and related services, promoting collaborative relationships between program areas and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partners, constituents, clients, and other stakeholders are consistently met.
- Respond to government and foundation requests for proposals and applications in partnership with development and senior staff; coordinate planning and activities necessary for development of model program designs in response to RFPs and RFAs.
- Work closely with the finance department to budget and monitor programmatic operations to ensure sound fiscal and system management.
- Ensure the delivery of qualitative and quantitative goals and outcomes of programs and services.
- Coordinate and analyze the appropriate data to inform the programmatic and operational decision-making process. Use the existing database to increase PFS’s efficiency, transparency, and collaborative efforts among teams.
- Determine staffing plans to achieve program goals and objectives and participate in hiring decisions for new program staff.
- Develop an assessment protocol to determine the feasibility and sustainability of programs as well as lead to more effective and efficient service delivery.
- Each program has contributed to overall sustainability of PFS as measured by organizational Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Each program is responsible to work with the executive team, the CFO and Advancement to secure adequate funding to cover all program
- Programs have processes for indicator measurement and
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, nonprofit administration, or program related field. Master’s Degree or equivalent is
- 8-10 years of experience in social service administration or equivalent
- Ability to manage teams with success
- Strong management, administrative, organizational, interpersonal, verbal communication, and writing and presentation skills are required
- Must have proven and strong leadership skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Highly effective leadership; demonstrates a fundamental respect for all stakeholders.
- Works collegially and is a proven team builder. Inclined to coach and teach in order to improve knowledge and ability of others but holds people accountable for results.
- An innovator, capable of creating or seizing opportunities to improve service effectiveness and client outcomes and build strategic partnerships with other organizations.
- Understands and values quality improvement; applies managerial and technical skills to measure and improve efficiency and effectiveness and ensure compliance with all regulatory and contractual obligations. Able to effectively address overlapping projects and deadlines. Adaptable and reliable in face of conflict, crisis, or changing priorities.
- Able to lead a team in managing multiple and often simultaneous tasks and in creating a work environment recognized for a high level of organization, timeliness, cost-effectiveness, accuracy, and results.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion; valuing a diversity of perspectives and encouraging contributionsby all team members.
- Business “literate,” understands financial reports, applies data to assess business effectiveness and efficiency,and acts in a fiscally responsible
- Politically astute and tactful; attentive to the perspectives and competing interests of various internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced, accredited, and growth-oriented environment while . maintaining a positive solution-oriented approach.
Peninsula Family Services’ VALUES are expected of every staff member. All of our work is based on our commitment to Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Diversity, Teamwork, and Adaptability.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below: