Business Innovation Director (Director V)
Pioneer HumanServices (PHS) is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives.
The Business Innovation Director will play a key role in the development of new business ventures through the use of planning, research, analysis, collaboration, promotion, and execution.
POSITION DUTIES & TASKS
Identify and Develop Innovation Opportunities (30%)
Identify and select the most promising market-driven trends to turn into innovation ideas through utilization research, market analysis, financial modeling, business case development, and other tools.
Develop and define measures to assess the outcomes of the opportunities selected.
Measure the results of Proof of Concept exercises, then test drive plans through business experiments or product prototyping with situational and internal assessments, competitive overviews, strategic goals, portfolio objectives, financial analysis, and action plans.
Create action plans based on situational and internal assessments, competitive overview, strategic goals, portfolio objectives, and financial analysis.
Communication & Teamwork (25%)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the business.
- Build and cultivate collaborative relationships with external partners, including universities, innovation centers, start-ups, incubators, and consultants.
- Promote ideas and drive them to become projects.
- Communicate status of portfolio projects to executive team at regular intervals.
Manage and Execute Portfolio of Business Innovation Projects (40%)
- Strategically manage business innovation projects to allow for short, medium and long-term wins.
- Execute projects using the model (e.g., small, repeatable, or customized) that is most effective for each initiative.
- Use metrics to track the performance of each project.
- Facilitate sessions to keep leadership and collaborators updated on project outcomes.
Performs other duties as required (5%)
Schedule (i.e., hours and days):Monday – Friday, regular business hours. Flexibility may be requested as business needs arise.
Travel Requirements: Periodic travel and overnight stays.
Tools & Equipment: Microsoft Office, general office equipment operation, and experience with web-based computerized data management systems.
Customer Interactions: Internal and external customers at all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or a related field.
- At least eight years’ experience managing and delivering results in a product management, market research, consulting, and/or operations leadership role.
- New venture business planning experience.
- Proven experience with financial modeling, business case development, and ROI analysis.
- Skillful communicator who is comfortable, effective, and influential in meetings with senior management teams.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who takes ownership, looks for opportunities, and does what is needed in order to drive results.
- Innovative marketing skills and abilities; adept at conducting research/market analysis on new opportunities.
- Ability to communicate complex issues and plans into easily understandable language.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Previous work experience within a non-profit organization.
Benefits For Full-time Employees
- Full medical, education assistance, a 403(b) retirement plan, and paid time off (10 paid holidays per year, plus sick and vacation pay).
- Pioneer contributes 4.5% of employees’ annual salaries into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% of their own salary.
- Full-time employees accrue 10 days of vacation their first year and 15 days their second.
- Those working in the city of Seattle are eligible to accrue Paid Sick and Safe Time, per Seattle Municipal Code 14.16. Please refer to the Seattle.gov website for details at:
- Employee Recognition Program (PERC Rewards). Rewards include gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and other items.
- Other benefits include participation in the Life Assistance Program and public transportation reimbursement of $25 per month.
Pioneer Human Services Is a Drug-free Company.
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.
Pioneer Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
We participate in E-Verify. Details are provided below in both English and Spanish.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify | Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify