You’re an enthusiastic and experienced app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our awesome iOS team.
We build apps used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases.
Work happens at our beautiful Seattle office where you’ll be a member of a product team consisting of 5-8 developers, UX designers, QA and product managers. Within the team, backlog groomings, planning meetings, daily standups, demos and retrospectives keep us agile, accountable and reliable.
Continuous integration with automated testing allows us to run a weekly release train. Our beta release process gives us useful insight into user behavior and heavy use of top-notch analytics, A/B testing and feature flagging allows for rapid iteration.
With a strong focus on delightful user experiences, we balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on analytics data. Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, and every feature hammered on by manual and automated QA.
Our codebase is written entirely in Swift with modern design patterns and coding standards. We rely on 3rd party libraries and contribute back to the community. UX is designed and tweaked to perfection utilizing Interface Builder and Auto Layout. We take pride in our work and it shows.Responsibilities:
- Work within our product teams to build new exciting features
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Improve our code base through continuous refactoring
- Solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization problems
- Extend and implement our APIs
- Implement unit tests
- Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art of iOS development
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, and 3+ years of software engineering
- 5+ years experience with iOS, 2+ years experience with Swift
- Demonstrated skills in delivering high quality code
- Experience working with designers and product managers
- Bonus Points: Swift knowledge, experience with Interface Builder and Auto Layout, and contributions to open source projects.
Lyft is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.