Chief Development Officer
Location: Richmond, CA
Rubicon Programs is seeking a Chief Development Officer to join us in breaking the cycle of poverty in the East Bay.
For nearly 50 years, Rubicon has worked in East Bay communities to empower participants towards economic mobility. Last year alone, Rubicon served over 1300 adults across 6 sites in Antioch, Concord, Hayward, Oakland, and Richmond.
Rubicon is committed to achieving its impact by providing holistic services that support our participants to climb their unique ladder of prosperity. Rubicon is an anchor workforce organization in the East Bay, and a sought-after partner with significant growth in our future.
As Rubicon strives to embody our values of Justice, Hope, and Humility and transform the communities we serve, we seek a leader to build the organization’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. If you envision an East Bay without poverty and want to join our movement, we want to hear from you!
- Department hiring, supervision, skills development and performance management
- Oversee contract employees and consultants
- Lead Rubicon into the next phase of impact, including Board development
- Lead development team to successfully meet annual fundraising goal of over $3 million in private institutional support and individual giving
- Oversee process of applying for and reporting on public funding sources of over $8 million
- Build strategic relationships with Board of Directors
- Cultivation and solicitation of donors, plan and execute successful events, develop an individual donor base, oversee corporate, foundation, and individual funding
- Develop messaging and compelling storytelling, create and manage communications calendar for external stakeholders, direct production of collateral materials and annual reports, supervise online communications and press releases
- Oversee Rubicon’s external communications
- Promote the Rubicon brand internally and externally
- Manage all elements of Rubicon’s brand and marketing materials
- Support teammates to represent Rubicon externally
- Raise visibility for Rubicon at the national level
- Executive-level experience and expertise in fundraising, including strong grasp of fundamentals of development
- Experience securing major gifts and familiarity with Bay Area philanthropy is highly desirable
- Strong relationship building; high ethical standards, discretion and tact
- Excellent communication with strong writing and editing skills
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and collaboration
- Solid computer literacy
- Cultural Responsiveness and an alignment with our values and commitment to equity and inclusion
- If you don’t currently possess our organizational core competencies of Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing, and Coaching, you are expected to participate in the necessary training Rubicon provides
- This position requires the employee to be able to travel efficiently throughout the Bay Area. If the individual prefers to use a personal vehicle, proof of a valid and current driver license, current auto insurance, and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report are required.
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, and vision health plans, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 10 paid holidays, and an employer sponsored retirement plan. Starting pay $125k-$140k, depending on experience.